Some Cheap Chinese FTDI cables use a fake chipset from Prolific. Prolific has prohibited the use of these cables. Windows does detect them but they are not usable. Use these 8 easy steps to install the driver.
- Opening the device manager shows the driver as “PL2303HXA PHASED OUT SINCE 2012. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER.”
. To solve this, you can download the driver
3. Unzip the archive and Install the driver. Go to the next step.
4. Open device manager. Right click on the unrecognized device and select “Update Driver”.
5. Click on “Browse my computer for drivers”
6. Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
7. First select “Show compatible hardware” and then select “Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version 22.214.171.124 [27/10/208]” from the list. Click Next.
8. The driver is now installed successfully and is even maintained after a reboot.